What is “repacking”?
Borderlinx offers a free repacking service to help you save on shipping fees.
Our trained operations staff identify packages, without any action required on your part, that can benefit from this service and repack your items into more cost-efficient packaging.
Generally, there are two situations in which your items will be repacked:
- If products have been inadequately packaged by the merchant, our team will repack them for added protection and security to avoid damage occurring during transit.
- If the package has a high volumetric weight, we repack items into smaller padded envelopes to reduce their volume and lower your shipping charges.
Does repacking really lower my shipping charges?
Yes! Experience shows us that the volume of a repacked shipment is on average reduced by 20%, which represents a savings of up to 25% on shipping charges for you!*
We’ve made an effort to extend this completely free service to more of our customers, check out the increase in the number of shipments that we were able to repack in 2012:
Though we strive to repack all orders, there are certain items that cannot be repacked:
- Items that are in shrink-wrapped packaging
- We do not repack items that come in “designer” boxes or wrapping for shoes, boots, clothing or fashion accessories
- Gift-wrapped items
- Parts (computer components, auto-parts, etc.)
- Shipments that contain prohibited items
- Large electronics (computers, laptops, e-readers, etc.)
For a complete list of items that can’t be repacked, please visit our Repacking FAQ page. Please also note that we do not merge two or more shipments into one with the repacking service, check out our Order Consolidation option if you are interested in doing this.
*example for illustrative purposes only