After months of waiting, virtual reality fans and tech junkies can finally rejoice. On Friday, May 6 at 9 a.m. PST, the much-buzzed-about Oculus Rift headset will be available for purchase directly from Amazon.
For countries outside the U.S., the headset will only be available online and in very limited quantities. The company is already reporting delays with fulfilling pre-order shipments, so we advise that you place your order as soon as it becomes available through Amazon to avoid further delivery delays. Order it here.
The Oculus Rift headset is expected to be a leader in the world of virtual reality for home users. Applications to the Oculus Rift will evolve in the near future, but as of now, it will bring a completely different way for users to experience gaming on PC computers and Xbox One. With a 360 degree view and over-the-ear headset, users will feel like they are actually in the game.
This year, over 20 games will be introduced to the system including Rockband VR, Edge of Nowhere and The Climb. Want a preview? Check out these videos.
Edge of Nowhere
Before you buy, make sure your gaming setup is compatible with Oculus Rift. Check out this post from PC Gamer for details on any other equipment you might need. Compatibility bundles can also be found on Amazon.
Use Borderlinx to ship the Oculus Rift directly to you
With Borderlinx, you can pay taxes and duties for the Oculus Rift up front. Here’s how:
- Sign up for an account on Borderlinx.com and receive a free virtual shipping address in the U.S.
- Go to Amazon and add the Oculus Rift to your shopping cart.
- At the checkout page, enter your Borderlinx address instead of your home address for delivery. Submit your order.
- We’ll let you know when your package is delivered to our distribution facility (Reminder: the Oculus Rift is backordered so you may experience delivery delays).
- Release the package from our warehouse, and we’ll forward it to you.
- In 2 to 5 days, your package will be at your doorstep.
For more information on the benefits of using Borderlinx, visit www.borderlinx.com.
Feature image provided by Oculus Rift